An iPhone charger disguised as a keyring. Charging the phone with AA batteries that are universal and found everywhere around the world.
Gigodesign - Industrial design studio. Winners of numerous Red Dot and other awards. Role: product and web design, copywriting, communication strategy.
Marin Medak - Role: project leader.
Oivo was launched on Kickstarter in September 2014. It raised $26.000 in 18 days but due to too many mistakes in the go-to-market phase, the funding was cancelled and killed.
The amount needed to successfully launch the brand was $100 000, which was much higher than it was possible to achieve.
The project failed because too many mistakes were made.
- Late public announcement - the project was presented to the public only one month before the launch on Kickstarter.
- Wrong timing - the Kickstarter campaign was started only a week before the launch of the new iPhone 6.
- Too broad target audience - the product was not pitched to a niche target audience but to a broad general one.
- Wrong communication - the initial communication was focused on product features and not the user benefit and experience.
- Price - the perceived value was lower than the price.